Responsive Web Design:
What is it? And why does your business need it?
In the area of Web development and design, we’re entering an era in which we are extremely challenged to keep up with the endless new resolutions and screen sizes engineered on the various devices available on the market today. Imagine creating a website version of your site for each resolution and each existing device? It would be totally impractical…and almost impossible.
Is there another option? Yes!
It’s called Responsive Design – meaning that website design and development should respond to the user’s behavior and environment. Basically, the site automatically adjusts to accommodate for screen size, resolution, platform and orientation as the user switches from their laptop to handheld device. This makes the users experience with your website seamless and easy to navigate as they transition from one device to another.
Today, it is imperative that businesses cater to the growing mobile market. Half of all website traffic comes from smartphones and tablets, of all shapes and sizes. Mobile-friendliness can even influence how high websites rank in organic search results. You need your website to be dynamic enough to adapt to your customers devices. The alternatives could be hazardous for your business.
At Web-Art Studio, we specialize in creating websites that are not only responsive and easy-to-navigate, but compelling and beautiful as well. We pride ourselves in perfecting the big picture by making sure the small details are just right.
- Around 40% of the world population has an internet connection today. In 1995, it was less than 1%.
- The number of internet users has increased tenfold from 1999 to 2013.
- In 2014, nearly 75% (2.1 billion) of all internet users in the world (2.8 billion) live in the top 20 countries.
- The remaining 25% (0.7 billion) is distributed among the other 178 countries, each representing less than 1% of total users.
- The United States, Germany, France, U.K., and Canada have the highest penetration with over 80% of population in these countries has an internet connection.
Imagine serving customers around the world? A user-friendly, responsive website is your global footprint exposing you to an international market.
Your site is the online representation of your business, or your business as a whole. Either way, ensuring your customers have a positive experience navigating your website every time they visit is the best way to increase sales and revenue.
WebArt Studio is here to help.
Click here to find out how we can help you.